The Dyslexia Foundation Dyslexia Centers of America
Resource Directory Of Services For Dyslexics And Their Families (2009 — 2010)
The Resource Directory Overview
This On-Line Directory of Personalized Resources and Services for the learning disabled was born out of the Academic Center for Excellence of The Dyslexia Foundation.
The Directory of Personalized Resources and Services for the learning disabled was born out of the Academic Center for Excellence of The Dyslexia Foundation. The Foundation receives numerous phone calls from around the world from families and professionals requesting help for dyslexic children, adolescents and adults.
From the requests a pattern of needs began to emerge. The needs were based on the following comments:
- Information packets on dyslexia were confusing and generally did not address the needs of the specific individual.
- Trouble describing complex individual needs made telephone referrals difficult.
- Volunteer professionals found it difficult to provide resources to families and fellow professionals without evaluating the needs of the persons requiring service.
The Dyslexia Foundation has chosen to address these challenges by creating this special directory. Professionals included in the directory have been selected for their performance as well as contributions to the field of learning disabilities. They have all agreed to “go the extra mile” for anyone requesting assistance with a learning disability problem. Their credentials are on file at the Dyslexia Outreach Service office and may be reviewed.
Professionals may apply to be listed in the directory by contacting:
The Dyslexia Foundation
Dyslexia Outreach Services
833 Dover Drive, Suite 27
Newport Beach, California 92663
(949) 642-0689 - Fax
Application requirements include:
- A completed application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal or phone interview
Dyslexia Centers of America Membership:
- Corporate $500
- Professional $250
- Individual $75